Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Houses of Madison

Michael and I really enjoyed admiring all the beautiful houses in Madison.

Everywhere we turned there was something beautiful!


We did spend some time just driving the streets, but I'm sure we still missed many, many houses.

And I loved the alleyways behind all of the houses. So quaint, and inviting, and mysterious all at the same time.

Somehow the town reminded me of New England and of Scotland. I think it was the historic feeling in the air.

I always thought it would be fun to live in an older home. But, I know it brings its own difficulties of space, repairs, and expense.
However, there's no stopping me from enjoying these houses from the outside!

This one had a lovely flower garden next to it!
On another note, we've had some gorgeous weather here the last few days -- in the 70's and just about at 80. What could be nicer in August!

Today I'm planning to rest after a busy week, prepare for dinner guests, maybe knit some on my sock (that I've finally started!) and perhaps read. There are a few chores to throw in as well, and we'll see what the little munchkins are up to. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

southseaislandhome said...

Lovely houses, and I can see why the little back lane appealed to you!
I have heard about that book your recommended, but I haven't managed to get hold of a copy yet - I will try harder now you said you've read it. To answer your question about jam - we do just store it in the pantry. We don't have to 'seal' it at all. Why do you have to do that in Indiana? Is it because it gets too hot?
Rachel L