Monday, January 16, 2012

A Handmade Afternoon

Last week Christina and I got together with a friend for an afternoon of sipping tea, chatting, and sharing our latest craft inspiration.

Christina is working on a British flag pillow -- now we all want one.

Plenty of treats to go around....

Christina's yarn basket -- for creating her latest cardigan.

Janet brought this book which we carefully perused and I decided on the granny square tea cozy as an absolute must. Will whip one up as soon as possible.

The hours sped by very quickly.

We had four different teas to taste, and we were quite serious about it: Twinings Royal Wedding Blend, Harrod's Ceylon, Monk's tea from Tea's Me, and English Rose (with chocolate hints).

My latest little zipper case -- these were my 2011 gifts.

Christina's fingerless gloves -- her 2011 present.

More of Christina's gloves -- hers are white and mine are red.

Janet crocheted us these beautiful pillows. She knew exactly which colors and mine is happily sitting on my bed.

Inspirational colors were worn:

Rachel and Laura's baby dolls received new ponchos - aren't they cute!

And Janet showed us her finished afghan for her brown leather reading chair which sits in her reading room. Love it!

And this is my latest creation: a Kindle cover.

And now I've been diving back into Jane Brocket's "The Gentle Art of Domesticity" because it resonates so loudly with my own aspirations. Read it -- you will be inspired!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh the talent between you ladies is so amazing. I really don't think I've ever seen the like.

Such beautiful gifts.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That looks like so much fun! It reminds me of a party I went to in Iowa.

I may have mentioned to you already that when I lived in Iowa (early 1990s), there was a group of women who used to (or still did) live in my area and did a lot of crafting together.

Although by the time I moved to the neighborhood, a lot of them lived elsewhere and no longer got together, they would have an annual Christmas party early in the Season at one of their homes.

Everyone had to bring a wrapped package containing something they had made and then a number was placed on the package.

A basket was passed around at the end of the evening and each person took a piece of paper with a number that matched one of the gifts.

I was just amazed at the quality of the items. It was such a fun evening even though overall I found the people there to not welcome newcomers (this group was nice).

I had made a quilted wall hanging.

Candice said...

I want one of those adorable Kindle covers! Oh, wait...I guess I need a Kindle first. :)