Thursday, May 24, 2012

Catch Up

It seemed as if a post on random family things is in order, to catch up on our lives........ Michael's dad visited us last weekend! In town for business, it was easy for him to add an extra day on and come to visit! We loved having him come. The only sad thing was that Michael ended up being out of town at the very same time. But, that just meant we got Grandpa all to ourselves.


The kids had their spring piano recital. They are all doing so well. I always enjoy the last song of the recital in which all the students take the stage to play a folk song together.


I'm still cooking. You can find my latest Aldi-licious recipe over on Simply Frugal Living today.


 Laura is doing so well!!! Did I mention she is up to 25 pounds!!!!!! That puts her in the 25th percentile which is very good for our family. Her latest doctor visit yielded good reports. It's "wait and see" for awhile now.


James thought this would make a nice wig for himself. :) All the kids are enjoying being out of school. I'm in recovery mode and hope to have our summer schedule organized and posted by Monday.


I've spent the last week weeding, digging garden edges, and moving 2 1/2 cubic yards of mulch. A lot of work, but very good results. The vegetable garden is looking good, although also requiring work. :) My peonies have made me so happy this year! To think they should only grow and multiply in the years ahead!!


Laura and David have a special little friendship since they are closest in age. It's cute to watch them together.


I love how multi-cultural my Ladies' Bible study is. I believe we have 4 cultures represented in the 5 of us. Food is always interesting, believe me!!! For instance, these baked sardines which showed up a few weeks ago.


Or this gorgeous Portuguese frittata. I'm so glad the world is so big and full of amazing people.


It looks like our temps will reach 95 this weekend. Oh yeah, we do live in the town where the BIG RACE is happening this weekend. Sometimes I forget. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

trump said...

Love that big American flag, and have yourselfs a great memorial weekend folks. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa

southseaislandhome said...

Baked Sardines! That reminds me of Indonesia. they cook their fish like that.
Love the photo of your children with Michael's Dad - and your peonies look amazing!

Reneelynn said...

the picture of the kids with grandpa!! just love it.... what a keepsake!! ;)

Stephanie said...

Great photo of the kids and grandpa! Glad to hear that Laura is doing so well. My peonies are just blooming this week in Cleveland, and maybe with the warm weekend temps, they will be in full bloom soon.